In his own words by Nyima Dhondup #dolpo #youth #lawyer #education

My name is Nyima Dhondup Gurung. I am from Tinje VDC, Dolpo. My parents are farmer. I am from poor family. But, I am very lucky boy as I got chance to study with help of our sponsor Anrico la. By the help of our sponsor, I passed HSEB last year 2016. I passed my primary level (upto five class) from my village school. In the journey of my primary level, I did not get any problems in any field as every privileges were managed by parents and sponsor. 




After finishing our primary level we were transferred to Kathmandu for our secondary level study. While we were learning for our secondary level every facilities were managed by our sponsor except our pocket money. As I am from a poor family, my parents suffered a lot even for managing my pocket money. Due to that struggle my parents had refused for my further study after SLC. But, I did not accept their decision and I came here for further study (+2) managing every expenses for the journey and my Higher Secondary Level (HSEB). For pas two years I managed all my miscellaneous expenses without any support from my parents as they were also hard for managing daily necessities. After finishing my HSEB, I was in two thoughts, whether I should go back to my village or I should stay here. It is because that after HSEB our sponsor decided that he is not helping anymore. Finally, I had decided not to return to village as had no any money for my journey back.




I had decided to find job for six months holidays and confirmed to earn some money for my further study. But, some of my relatives and friends suggested me to visit my parents once for making mutual decision for my further study. So, I had accepted their advice and managed everything to return to my village. When I reached my village everyone were fine. I stayed there for two weeks with parents. I also went to the hills for collecting Yarcha Gunbu. Therefore, I started convincing my parents for my further study. Since July 7, I kept convincing my parents. But, I can’t convince or win their heart. I was completely helpless and hopeless. But, with the help of my dear teacher Urgyen Dorjee Sir and Dawa Dhondup Sir’s advice, my parents decided to send me to city for my study. I along with my sister and mom came up to district headquarter to sell Zimbu and churpis for making money for my expenses.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘A-lay med-ne dhan-da ka-lay kha-reyd’: A Monk, School and Dolpo #education

I WANT TO GO AND STUDY: UGYEN, HER STRUGGLES, DOLPO, AND SOWA RIGPA

aa-pa ma-jayn ji-tok ji-ge ma-rad: Kunga Lama, School and Dolpo #education #struggles #dolpo