Why I want to study Law? by Nyima Dhondup #dolpo #lawyer #education #youth


     
There are several reasons why I want to understand and practice Law. Discrimination and inequality, our community continue to experience are some of the main reasons. Other reasons as far as I can remember now are discussed here.



                                                Pic: Nyima Dhondup in his village

First, during Winter Season, few of our villagers come to Kathmandu for pilgrimage annually. On the way to Kathmandu, they bring traditional food items, such as, Zimbu, Tsampa, Chilly, Tshurpi, Butter etc., for their consumption. Police often cease their luggage and usually stop them and cease those items from them. I have heard that police themselves consume those food items.

Second, I cannot find any justice in my village. For instance, once, some thieves killed a person for ancient statues. Neither police came to arrest the thieves nor did the VDC chief help the family of murdered person to look for justice. In last three years, police has started to come out at Nepal-China border during Tsong-ra Mela starting mid-September. Though they came for the protection of general public, they collect taxes from public and traders at border without issuing any receipts back. So, some of known person when inquired about the reason, instead the police are used to become angry and scold them back.

Third, as I am a citizen of Nepal, I should have clear idea about the constitution of Nepal. But, I am not. Because of that most of remote areas are not getting proper fundamental rights, such as, rights to security, information, health, education, and so on. In any field, such as, education, health etc no government budget is provided. Most of people in remote areas are not much concerned with what is permitted and prohibited due to lack of guidance by the legal bodies of a government. I know that the budget is made for every field annually. But, no budget is reached and utilized in every field annually. Why? I want to know about it too. According to my thoughts, authorities, power and post of the government should be given to the qualified, far sighted and well experienced person. But, I don’t think it is going here in Nepal as most of the authorized people are rich and of powerful background.


                                            Pic: Children in Tingyu VDC

To conclude, I want to see the change. I want to understand whether it’s in every country or only practiced in Nepal, the discrimination we have felt. I also want to know the differences. While doing this, I think I can also become a voice of those silenced.  

Note: Please do look into this, if you want to know about me: http://dolporises.blogspot.com/2016/12/in-his-own-words-by-nyima-dhondup-dolpo.html. 

Comments

  1. Good, very informative post, so nice. If you have Estate planning lawyer or any site about it, please share.
    Thanks a loot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, You provide important info. Do you know about Jeremy Eveland Utah Attorney, who provide best quality services. If need just contact. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘A-lay med-ne dhan-da ka-lay kha-reyd’: A Monk, School and Dolpo #education

I WANT TO GO AND STUDY: UGYEN, HER STRUGGLES, DOLPO, AND SOWA RIGPA

aa-pa ma-jayn ji-tok ji-ge ma-rad: Kunga Lama, School and Dolpo #education #struggles #dolpo