On Journey...



         You need to start your journey from scratch. Life is all about struggles n more you learn n try to understand n act accordingly, you'd be a better man/woman. Just a glimpse of yesterday's show of my documentary, 'MiTse: Struggles of Dolpo Women', where I was about to screen it.

                                                                  Photo by: Sonam Choekyi


 Many friends and seniors came together for this but I'd never forget all those Dolpo people who came in together for this project. I still remember that I only had my camera, not a huge fancy camera. But looking back, what really worked in my favor is I trusted myself and my folks trusted me. Undoubtedly, that particular bestowed trust has its historical and cultural roots and our several encounters and journey back and forth into their lives. That's why I think I was nervous yesterday, especially over how our narratives from Dolpo, the remotest Himalayan indigenous margins would be received by Kathmandu. The script never written but prepared in mind throughout the treacherous journey to Dolpo, I think touched few hearts yesterday and I'd make sure that it'd touch more hearts, just to rethink again about several Indigenous Himalayan communities, about whom we are slowly forgetting.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘A-lay med-ne dhan-da ka-lay kha-reyd’: A Monk, School and Dolpo #education

I WANT TO GO AND STUDY: UGYEN, HER STRUGGLES, DOLPO, AND SOWA RIGPA

aa-pa ma-jayn ji-tok ji-ge ma-rad: Kunga Lama, School and Dolpo #education #struggles #dolpo